Holographix was founded in 1985 to design and produce custom imagesetting equipment based on our patented holographic based scanner technology. With over two decades of experience designing and building complex opto-mechanical assemblies, Holographix is well positioned to add value to your replicated components by taking them through the next steps in the assembly process. Holographix has the facilities and knowledge required to support your production requirements ranging from simple component/mount assemblies to more complex assemblies involving the build-out of fully aligned optical systems.
Holographic-Based Scanner Technology
Holographix has developed and patented unique holographic-based scanner technology and produced various scanner designs based on these patents. This technology has been used in several application areas, including pre-press and metrology.
Patented Grating-Based Scanner
Holographix originally entered the market in 1985 to develop custom scanning solutions based on our patented scanner technology (patents 4,923,262, 5,182,659, 5,270,842, and 6,288,817). Holographic scanners differ in that they have holographic gratings in place of conventional scan optics. Holographic scanners provide benefits in both cost and performance compared to conventional laser scanners. The most significant benefit is an inherently flat-field and telecentric scan line.
Other Benefits Include:
- Lower motor costs due to decreased wobble and jitter sensitivity of gratings
- Higher through-focus performance due to telecentric scan capability
- Reduction in costly optical elements by recording complex power terms into gratings
- Achromatized systems allowing the use of inexpensive laser diode sources
- Low-cost, high-fidelity gratings produced using proprietary replication technology
- Higher motor speeds due to reduced scanner windage (i.e. turbulence)
Please contact us with your assembly requirements and we will be happy to assist you.